Thursday, June 9, 2011

A Beautiful Encounter

I felt the familiar whisper of His presence today.

A velvety, silver-blue ribbon stretched across the horizon where land blurred and met with the calm of the azure sky.  The prairies were a rippling, living carpet of energetic green, and a flock of ducks scattered in flight, their wings beating rhythmically, with musical cadence, as if they heard my adoration and shared my heart of worship to the Creator.  And one cried to another and said: "Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of hosts; The whole earth is full of His glory!" (Isaiah 6:3)  Yes, indeed, the whole earth is full of His glory.

The skies were painted majestically with broad strokes in translucent shades of blue.  Whipped puffs of cloud blanketed the south, fading over the westerly mountains into delicate swirls of pure white.  A lone eagle soared effortlessly over a valley, with wondrous calm and liberty.

I was alone with the wind whipping around me, speeding down the highway on the back of a motorcycle - yet I was surrounded, and effortlessly gliding through God's splendor of creation.  His artistry permeated my senses as waves of color lay banquet to my eyes, the essence of clover and freshly mown grass tickled my nose and my body was pressed back into my seat by the billows of wind that swirled forcibly against me.

My mp3 player seemed in tune with my emotions, as the words "come, take me away with you" and "I belong to you..." melodically flowed and washed over my soul like a healing balm. (Both from the album "Songs In Secret" by Great Awakening)

Radiant beams from thy holy face... sunbeams streamed down; warming my wind-chilled legs and I lifted my closed eyes, allowing the caress of pure light to cascade over my countenance.

Perfectly safe.   Perfectly complete.

I'm grateful for these bursts of oblivion, where all else is forgotten and the cares of the world are trailing somewhere far behind. 

Moments with Jesus. 

Peace.  Strength for the weary, bread for the hungry.  You give me water, so I will never thirst again.

In a world so vast, I am a creature so small and insignificant, yet He shows me His love in so many ways.

Just one response - no other will suffice.

thank you

No comments: